At MJHS Hospice, death of a loved one does not end our concern for their families and those closest to them. We recognize that grief and loss can impact lives long after a loved one has died. MJHS provides bereavement education and support to family members of all ages at no cost to them for thirteen months after the death of a loved one. Our hospice team has developed a program to assist in healthy coping during this period, which includes:
- Individual or family supportive counseling for all ages
- Ongoing support groups specific to the type of loss experienced
- Memorial services of remembrance
- Educational seminars on coping with loss
- Referrals to community resources that may benefit you
“Peace in the Storm” Caregiver Support Program We also offer caregiver support groups to families and friends whose loved ones are facing life-limiting advanced illnesses. Our groups provide an opportunity to take a break and meet with other caregivers for the sharing of information and encouragement. Both in-person support groups and teleconferences are available. Advanced registration is required prior to attending any support group meeting. Contact the MJHS Hospice Bereavement Center at (212)-844-5754. Click here to see support group schedule.