MJHS Hospice Inpatient Unit at Silvercrest Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation in Queens
We are pleased to announce the grand opening of the MJHS Hospice Inpatient Unit located on the grounds of Silvercrest Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation in Queens.
The 6-bed in-patient unit helps meet the needs of hospice patients who require a hospital level of care but cannot be cared for safely at home. This includes adult patients with an advanced illness who are in need of: acute pain and symptom management, stabilization of debilitating symptoms, intervention to address frequent hospitalizations or those who require 24-hour clinical care. A DNR/DNI is not required.
The MJHS Hospice Inpatient Unit offers:
• Effective pain and symptom management
• 24 hour care provided by culturally-sensitive multilingual staff
• Ventilator care for pulmonary support
• Daily visits by hospice medical and professional staff
• Palliative care consults for pain, if needed
• 4 private rooms and 1 double room, each with its own bathroom
• Welcoming common areas including a family lounge and dining room
• Proximity to family and friends in Queens, conveniently located at:
Silvercrest Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
144-45 87th Avenue, Briarwood, NY 11435
To see our brochure click here.
To learn more call MJHS Hospice at (212) 420-3370.